Sometimes customers tell us have a problem with the WiFi settings on the camera with what IP camera with WiFi can’t connect.
First of all verifies the problem exactly happens. If either does not detect any WiFi network, and therefore it cannot connect or if instead if it detects WiFi networks, but for some reason you can not connect to it.
The camera does not detect any WiFi network
- If you have antenna check is installed correctly
- Check your WiFi connection is not configured as hidden
- You can connect to this network from other devices like mobiles
- The majority of only cameras are compatible with networks 2.4 GHz. If you have your network configured in 5 GHz modify the 2.4 GHz band.
After verifying these steps if the problem persists after these checks contact service since it may be a defective product.
On the other hand if detects networks, but to remove the network cable you can connect you way wireless read the next point.
If it detects WiFi networks, but it cannot connect after removing the network cable
I.e. When you press the button Search networks if it detects wireless networks, has selected its network and you have entered the password, but after disconnect the ethernet cable from the camera, the application of IP lookup (IP CAMERA TOOL, Search Tool,…) does not detect the IP address of the camera.
In this case we must take into account, that the hardware of the camera is working correctly when detecting networks WiFi. But for some reason it is not possible to make the connection with the Router in a way wireless
In this case we have to do the checks:
- Software IP Camera Tool, it may take between 30-60 seconds to show the new IP address. Wait until this period that the IP address is displayed by software.
- Verify the entered password. It is the case more common and tends to be due not have correctly entered the password, we have used some special character! “· $% & / () =? or blank spaces.
- The name of the network (SSID) does not include special characters as in the previous point.
- Move the camera to the Router. Approaches the camera to have better signal and avoid non-detected to be very remote
- Protection router. Check if the router has some sort of protection as IP, MAC filtering,… avoid connecting the camera to the router
If the problem persists you can do inspections:
- Do a reset on the camera and again test the configuration
- Tries to make the configuration from the APP. If this performing the configuration from a computer try to do the WiFi settings from the mobile application since in some cases it may not recognize some special character from the browser.
- Test the camera temporarily in another Router to rule out some kind of misconfiguration on this Router. If in another Router you can connect wireless so you can take into account the following section of the document.
Router configuration to connect IP cameras with Wi-Fi
You can make some modifications in the configuration of the Router to allow to make the connection.
- Modify the network encryption. If you use WPA, switch to WPA2 or in reverse.
- Modify the encoding If you have TKP change to AES or reverse mode.
In this picture you can see how to modify between WPA/WPA2 encryption and how to change the type of encryption between AES and TKP
If even after doing these steps and have the same problem on another Router, the problem persists, contact technical service. It could be a defective product.
IP Camera detects WiFi networks, but the images are very slow
This problem tends to be because the camera fails to communicate fluently and continuously with your Router.
- It tries to bring the camera to your Router
- If you have multiple cameras attempt to disconnect temporarily some of them. To verify if the used bandwidth is very high
- Reduce the resolution and bitrate of the / s cameras to make less use of bandwidth on your local network.
Connect IP camera with a computer without Router
If you want to connect your IP camera to a computer without Router I recommend you to read this article on our blog.
You can download more information and guides to configure your ip camera
vstarcam wifi IP camera installation and smart phone view …
Fix "Windows is Unable to Connect to the Selected Network"
SANNCE HD 720P IP Camera Wi Fi CCTV Cam Security Network …
IP Camera WiFi not Working – 8 Tips to Fix IP Cam not …
Digoo DG-M1X HD 960P Wireless WiFi IP Camera Mini USB Baby …
SANNCE IP Camera Wireless 720P IP Security Camera WiFi IP …
How to connect a CCTV DVR to a wireless network
[GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems …
Using a Wireless Bridge to Provide Remote Network …
iPhone or iPad can’t connect to WiFi
How to fix Galaxy Note 3 Wi-Fi error: Network disabled …
Clacton Security camera PTZ
DANNOVO Waterproof Outdoor WiFi IP Camera,Support IR Cut …
1.0MP 720P Mini Smart Camera Wireless Wifi or Wired …
Add the IP camera to the NVR by matching code. – Zosi Help …
Qr Scan Code Reviews
10 steps to troubleshoot wireless connection problems
14 Ways To Fix WiFi Connection Problem On Samsung Galaxy …
BAYCOM HD Megapixel IP camera for Home
HD 1080x720P Wireless IP Camera Portable Smart Wifi CCTV …