Unlike 2013, 2014 was not the year of the tablets. Studies of Gartner and IDC, two market research consultancy specializing in electronics, show that the growth in sales of tablets was slow in 2014. Gartner estimates that sales of tablets in the world reach 229 million units in 2014, an increase of 11% from 2013. The same study indicates that the tablets will answer for only 9.5% of total mobile devices sold globally in 2014.
See Tips for choosing your smartphone this Christmas
For Peter Hagge, market analyst of IDC Brazil, the big moment of the tablets has passed. The trend now is to establish in the marketplace and not to sales growth as recorded in prior periods. According to the analyst, “the order of acquisition of tablets for government projects and the increasing competition with the phablets also impacted directly on July and August numbers.
The arrival of Christmas, however, could give a last push in numbers. Generally, the choice of a tablet starts by screen size and connectivity: if it’s just Wi-Fi or if has room for chip carriers. However, to make a good purchase is necessary also consider items such as processor, memory, and until the cameras. Next, the iG brings a guide to help you choose your tablet. Check out on Thereligionfaqs.
In General, the Brazilian market has three categories of tablets. Base units, with prices ranging from R $150 R $550, and who tend to save on memory and bring only what is necessary for the most basic tasks like internet connection. It is in this thread that are many devices from companies like DL, Newlink, SpaceBR, Genesis, Smokergrillsblackfriday and CCE.
In the mid-tier, of R $600 to R $1,200, are the tablets with better relationship between cost and benefit. In General, these devices have configuration more robust and better screen quality. Among the tablets of this category are the Dell Venue 7 inch 4 g, Samsung Galaxy Tab’s 8.4 and Tab 4, iPad mini 3, Lenovo Yoga 10, LG G Pad and also the HP Tablet 8.
See full tests of the Galaxy Tab’s , Lenovo Yoga Tablet , Xperia Z2 Tablet and other
The tablets above R $1,200 are the most powerful. It is in this category that are on the iPad 2, iPad Mini Air 3 and more premium Galaxy Tab line n. the investment in this case is worth more for who is a fan of games or intend to use other heavy applications or are in search of productivity.
Android, system created by Google and present in tablets of various manufacturers, is the leader raised in the Brazilian market. The system has a great amount of applications, but requires the user to use caution when downloading programs due to the increasing incidence of virus, which does not happen with devices that run iOS, Apple.
Some tablets are still sold with versions 2.2 and 2.3 of Android, but these versions are very old and that these products should be avoided. If you choose for an Android device, prefer a tablet with version 4.0 or higher. Version 4.4 (KitKat) is the most common in tablets.
However, if you are concerned about the life of your tablet is always interesting to know if the brand of tablet chosen usually update the system as new versions are released. Google have officially announced the 5.0 version, called Lollipop . So, it shouldn’t take long to see not only updates, but also tablets running Android version is already at the factory. Remember: upgrade or not the system is not a matter only of goodwill from the manufacturer. Your equipment must have a compatible hardware.
Air iPad 2 came to Brazil at the end of the year
The second option between systems for tablets is the iOS, Apple’s system. IOS 8 is easy to use and has excellent quality applications. Overall, the iPad Air and your little brother, the iPad Mini, are great choices for those who have more money to spend.
The downside is that, by opting for the iOS, the user gets stuck to what Apple has to offer. Applications, music and downloaded videos in the stores of the company may not be transferred to other systems. But, on the other hand, Apple gives guarantee upgrade to new versions of the platform.
Last year, Google Play, app store and Android multimedia content-videos, music and books – grew up and can now be compared in terms of offerings to Apple iTunes. Until Google Play Music has arrived to Brazil . It is worth noting that Amazon App Store, Amazon, also has Android-compatible applications and is well known for doing promotions and paid content.
A third option in the area is Windows, you have a version made specifically for tablets under the name Windows RT. There are also on the market some devices with earlier versions of Windows, such as Windows 7 Home Premium, but the truth is that no Microsoft initiative took off. So, not worth considering Windows if you want a simple tablet.
Most tablets sold in the country’s seven-inch screens. With a screen this size, the device has a good area to watch movies and surf the web at the same time, being small enough to fit in your purse and be used on the bus, train or subway. However, the size is not right for those seeking productivity and think about using the equipment as a replacement for a laptop, for example.
A little above the size of seven inches are the intermediaries, like the tablets iPad Mini, 7.9 inch, the LG G 8-inch Pad, the Galaxy Tab’s 8.4-inch and the Positive national Mini Quad 7.85 inches. Already the third segment is formed by tablets with screens in 10 inches, as the 9.7-inch iPad 2 of Air, the Galaxy Tab’s of 10.4 inches and also Yoga Tablet 10. This type of device is usually more suitable for home use and too corporate.
Tablets with 7-inch screens, like the Dell Venue 7, are the most common
An important aspect to note on your screen resolution. Very basic tablets usually have resolution of 800 x 480 or 800 x 600 pixels. And even in less inches, around seven, the result is images with visible pixels that will certainly compromise the experience, especially with videos and pictures.
If you can, choose a tablet with at least 1,024 x 600 resolution. Today, some intermediaries already have 1,280 x 800 resolution. More advanced and expensive products, such as Air and Mini iPad and Galaxy Tab has a resolution of 2,560 x 1,600 around.
Another important aspect of the screen’s viewing angle. Some intermediate tablets have screens with IPS technology. This innovation increases the angle of view and allows you to view images more clearly even with the tablet. However, features like viewing angle and brightness can be observed not only by reading the specs.
Ideally, before you buy a tablet is go to a store and observe this kind of detail with the device in his hands and also see if the screen is LED WXGA, AMOLED or Super AMOLED, the latter being the more technology, thin, bright and sharp, and the first down.
A tablet is a mobile device and as such should be light enough to be easily carried. In general they are no more than 500 grams, but if you plan to live with him in the bag or backpack, consider buying the less heavy possible. Before you buy, get the hand and imagine yourself with him every day, as you do with the smartphone.
Line of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab tablets S consists of robust devices with own accessories line
Processor and memory
With respect to processor, there’s not much mystery. The more better speed. Very basic tablets usually come with a processor core, but most of the more traditional manufacturers devices comes with chips of two or more cores.
The amount of nuclei by itself, however, is not indicative of higher power chip, since the cores can work differently and, in addition, other specifications (such as cache memory and speed of communication with the bus) also influence the performance of the processor.
More sophisticated tablets have quad-core processors and up to eight cores, such as Samsung’s Galaxy Tab line. The speed does not vary much, getting between 1 GHz and 1.9 GHz. In General, basic tablets usually come with MediaTek chips and, more recently, Intel. NVIDIA and Qualcomm are the two other large suppliers of chips for tablets. In the case of Apple, processors are created by the company itself.
An item that is usually insufficient in tablets cheapest is the RAM. They usually bring between 256 MB and 512 MB, which is very little even for simpler devices. To use the features of the tablet with ease, the ideal is to opt for a model with at least 1 GB of RAM (1024 MB) value found in every category of tablets, cheap expensive, small to large. Now, if you’re looking for more robust equipment go after those that has 2 GB of RAM, since this is the memory responsible for run the programs on your tablet.
Depending on what you intend to do with your tablet a microSD memory card can be invaluable. If you want to turn it into a multimedia station, filled with movies and videos and pictures, will need plenty of room.
Some cheaper tablets come with 4 GB of internal storage. This value is even enough to install some basic applications, like Facebook, Twitter and others but not to store content. Same basic games tend to occupy approximately of 100 MB and there are few who get to 1 GB or more.
- Meet the iPad rivals Mini 3
- Sale of tablets in Brazil falls in August
- Nokia licenses brand to tablet with Android
- Note that some versions of Android does not allow you to install applications on memory cards.
- So even in tablets that have card, just the internal memory can be used to install apps. That is, the card is used primarily to store music, movies, pictures and other content.
- For these reasons, a value of 8 GB of internal memory is the least desirable for those who want to install applications without worry of space. And, of course, if you want to keep all your media files, tablets with 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB or 128 GB up, as is the case with the iPad Air 2, are the most suitable.
- The Wi-Fi connection (802.11 b/g/n) is mandatory in any tablet and some models support also the default ac, faster. Some tablets also come with 3 g connection and, more recently, 4 g, but this feature not only makes the appliance as it may not be as useful as the user will need a carrier plan. Who also has a smartphone can simply share the connection of the phone and use it on the tablet when necessary. For those who want to make a more professional use of the equipment, however, a 3 g or 4 g connection gives mobility and independence.
- Another mandatory connection and also useful is Bluetooth, which is used to synchronize keyboards, headphones, wireless accessories and contents. Have more specific connections such as NFC and DNLA don’t usually have much use in most tablets.
- In the ports, in addition to the obligatory microUSB for charging battery and transfer files, some tablets also come with a microHDMI port. Through it you can display in the contents stored in the Tv’s tablet, a feature quite interesting mainly in corporate presentations.
- In 2014, in addition to the 4 g connection, Digital TV was a novelty in tablets that have reached the market. Domestic manufacturers have given more emphasis than foreign women, but unlike what occurred with smartphones, in which digital television became a decoy, in tablets, digital TV hasn’t produced a similar effect.
- In General, tablets are less than Smartphone cameras. Even in State-of-the-art equipment, rear cameras do not pass the 8 megapixels. In the tablets, cameras are between 2 and 5 megapixel camera. So, the rear camera is often useful in situations that do not require a lot of image quality, how to register a slide presentation, for example, or for photos taken with good amount of natural light. You can make videos too, but don’t expect a similar quality to some cell phones.
- Most of the tablets on the market have two cameras. The front has even less resolution than the back of a camera focused on video communication applications such as Skype. Between basic, intermediate, and advanced isn’t much variation: between 0.3 and 2.0 megapixels megapixels.
- The choice of a tablet can also pass through lines of accessories exist for certain brand depending on the type of use that the consumer is about to do.
- If you want to transform the equipment in an almost laptop is good looking models that have covers that also act as keyboard, for example. Protective cover is also another interesting accessory search before buying the unit. In this sense, the iPads, Apple, stand out because they have a large variety of accessories. More recently, the Samsung also has been investing strongly in Accessories for their tablets.
- This article Link: our site.
- Make your comments on this matter below.